The CTS Turbo FMIC Kit for the VW MKIV 1.8T (Golf/GTI/Jetta) is an excellent upgrade for any stock or modified car.
This kit provides significant cooling improvement compared to the competition, and substantial cooling benefits over the factory setup. Improvements can be attributed to the high density intercooler core, and cast aluminium end tanks. Each pipe in this kit has been "bead rolled" so you don't have to worry about your boost tubes blowing off or leaking.
If that wasn't enough for you, this kit also uses BLACK aliuminum piping, 4ply silicon couplers and stainless steel T-Bolt clamps.
This intercooler uses cast aluminum end tanks and a high density pressure tested core. Intercooler is rated at 450 crank HP and measures 25.25"x8"x3". End tank to end tank is 35.5".
- Proprietary high-density bar/plate core
- Mandrel bent 2.5" piping with black powercoat
- 4 ply silicon couplers and stainless t-bolt clamps
- Capable of supporting over 450hp or over 750HP with larger core
- Compatible with stock turbo (K03, K03s, K04 or ATP Eliminator kit)
- Compatible with big turbo applications (must use CTS exhaust manifold or custom work may be required)
Fits these vehicles:
- 1999.5 - 2005 VW Jetta 1.8T incl GLI
- 1999.5 - 2005 VW Golf 1.8T incl GTI
See the picture above for the proper installation of MAP sensor o-ring (for late MK4 models). Make sure to keep the factory o-ring (green) and install the supplied sealing o-ring over it. Sensor not included in the kit.
Note: If you're interested in maintaining the sleeper look, rest assured the stock bumper grilles can be installed on Golf/GTI/Jettta with bumper trimming. Cutting required to bumper rebar and bumper.