Installation Guide : Mk4 Half Caps
With this install it is very important to remember that the OEM rubber strut cap bushing must be re-used! (Not strut bushing, rubber ring that sits on edge of strut cap)
- Park car on a flat surface and pop hood
- Remove strut cap nuts (21mm) with strut bolt removal tool or hex key and socket
- Remove stock strut caps, remove stock rubber strut cap bushing
- Reinstall stock rubber strut bushing on new half caps
- Reinstall half caps onto struts. DO NOT use impact wrench on this. Too much torque WILL break the caps
If OEM rubber is not re-used or if installed by impact wrench warranty will not be honored.